Prior to Your Appointment
WHO CANNOT HAVE MICROBLADING DONE?
- Anyone using blood thinning medication – with doctors permission, we require clients using this type of medication to discontinue use for a minimum of 1 week prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, Ibuprofen, B6, Omega 3, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Evening Primrose Oil, Niacin – as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect anesthetic efficacy. You may resume taking your vitamins 72 hours after.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- Anyone under the age of 18, at brows & blush co, you must be 18 years or older to receive the microblading service.
- As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women.
- Allergies or sensitivities to metals – most pigments contain metallic salts and the needles contain a small amount of nickel. It is very rare to have a reaction to the procedure, however if there is an allergy we can perform a small patch test.
- Anyone tested positive for HIV or HEPATITIS.
- Diabetes can cause more bleeding and longer healing time, this can be determined on a case by case basis.
- Anyone who has had botox or other injections LESS than 3 weeks before the treatment
WHAT SHOULD I DO PRIOR TO MY APPOINTMENT?
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- Do not work out/exercise the day of your appointment.
- If using blood thinning medication – with doctors permission, we require clients using this type of medication to discontinue use for a minimum of 1 week prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, Ibuprofen, B6, Omega 3, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, Evening Primrose Oil, Niacin – as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect anesthetic efficacy. You may resume taking your vitamins 72 hours after.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a sunburn, you will need to reschedule as your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- PLEASE READ: If you are generally sensitive to skincare or have many allergies, it is recommended that you have a patch test done 72 hours before your appointment to ensure no allergies to the products being used. This will be at the discretion of the client.
- First we will fill out the client forms and take BEFORE photos
- We will then begin the brow design, we do not use stencils, we do however use measuring tools to gain the best symmetry. Your brows are custom designed to enhance your features according to your facial proportions and your desired overall shape. You may bring photos of brow shapes that you like. We do not begin until you are happy and approve the shape.
- Once you are happy with the shape, we will choose a colour and then we will NUMB your brow area and then we will begin the procedure. The microblading itself usually only takes an average of about 30 minutes or so. The most time is spent numbing, shaping and waiting for the pigment to soak.
- This first appointment takes approximately two hours from start to finish, and a follow-up visit is scheduled 6-12 weeks later. The follow-up visit allows for minor touch-ups, if neccessary. You will be sent home with after care instructions, which you must follow diligently to ensure the best healed results possible.